Stewards of Children® Adults Protecting Children from Sexual Abuse
Other Trainings Available
Free Virtual Classes available in English and Spanish every month!
During the Social Isolation order - FREE trainings!
Ongoing SPANISH Stewards of Children
Ongoing ENGLISH Stewards of Children
Ongoing Supplemental Trainings
**NEW** Steward's Training for Continuing Legal Credits $25.00
Registration is required.
For more information and to register, please contact Kelley Parosa at 971-599-5876 or email her HERE.
For Spanish, please contact Rubisela Plata at 971-239-3712 or email her HERE.
$10 suggested donation to cover materials.
The Stewards of Children program is the only nationally available program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, daycare centers, after-school programs, children’s clubs, church groups, and more). Watch the video.
Who Uses the Program?
Stewards of Children and our other prevention education trainings are for any responsible adult who cares about the protection of children such as parents, grandparents, caregivers, teachers, and adults who work in youth-serving organizations.
What Topics Are Covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
- The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
- Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
- The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
- The signs of sexual abuse so you that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What are the Core Features of the Stewards of Children Training?
A video integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problems of sexual abuse.
An interactive workbook for each participant.
Discussion about critical issues and sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents. Led by an authorized facilitator.
What Outcomes Can I Expect?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive input to change organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan.
Email Kelley Parosa to schedule a training for your organization.